Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip: Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, the Olympic Peninsula, Portland, the Oregon Coast & Mount Rainier (Travel Guide)
Paperback – May 8, 2018
Discover vibrant cities like Seattle, Vancouver, and Portland, and explore the emerald wilderness in between with Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 31 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, and more, you can climb Mount Rainier or relax in Seattle with a freshly brewed cup of coffee or a local craft beer. Hike the temperate rainforests of Oregon, kayak the Puget Sound in Washington, hit the ski slopes in Whistler, or take the ferry to Canada to see First Nations art
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week route or follow suggestions for spending time in Vancouver, Victoria, the Olympic Peninsula, Seattle, the Oregon Coast, Portland, Neah Bay, Port Angeles, Greenwater, Paradise, Olympia, Astoria, Aberdeen, or Newport
- Local Insight: Native Washingtonian and outdoorswoman Allison Williams shares her love of the Pacific Northwest
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip! Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Seattle or Moon Vancouver.
About the Author
While growing up in Olympia, Washington, Allison Williams spent much of her childhood climbing trees and reading books at the top. Family vacations involved camping in the shadow of Mount Rainier or exploring the very dark, probably haunted tunnels of Port Townsend's old forts.
Allison received her bachelor's degree in biology and English from Duke University, with studies at Oxford University and an ethnobiology field school in Costa Rica. She worked as a writer and editor in New York City for eight years, including staff positions at Metro daily newspaper and Time Out New York. When the lure of the Northwest's mountains, drizzle, and summer berry harvests became impossible to ignore, she relocated to Seattle. She has since realized two lifelong dreams: summiting Mount Rainier and poking sticks into the campfire without being disciplined.
Allison earned her MFA in creative writing at the University of Alaska Anchorage, where her fiction thesis won the Jason Wenger Award for Literary Excellence. Her journalistic work has been recognized with awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and a nomination from the City and Regional Magazine Association. As senior editor at Seattle Met magazine, she covers travel and the outdoors by hiking every trail and driving every road she can find on a map.
- Series: Travel Guide
- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: Moon Travel; 2 edition (May 8, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1631219987
- ISBN-13: 978-1631219986
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.8 x 7.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces